So I am totally in love with that is Steampunk right now. The earthy colors, the sumptuous Victorian attire, with the mix of hardness from the antiquated props and the ingenuity of a world that never was ...
I mean really top hats, ruffles, corsets, skeleton keys, gears, and cogs.
I decided I would pull 3 similar, but different schemes for your weekly inspiration. They are all so beautiful in their own ways.
Seriously, how can I work this into my life without looking like I am wearing a costume?
See you next time! We are getting close to pre-season football ya'll. Fall is right around the corner!
1. Because being a cool kid is the 'shhpoopy' - as it is said around here.
2. Because being a cool kid gets you cool shhpoopy. (Like Fa La La Friday Graphics)
3. Because being a cool kid gets you free shhpoopy. (Like free coloring pages)
4. Because being a cool kid is something that everyone wanted to be at some point and time.
5. Because being a cool kid puts you in the know.
6. Because being a cool kid gets you attention.
7. Because being a cool kid is special.
8. Because being a cool kid is like being a VIP.
9. Because being a cool kid is way cooler than just being a kid.
10. Because being a cool kid gets you discounts.
11. Because being a cool kid is good for your health. (Coloring may relax you. Relaxing is good.)
12. Because being a cool kid is just way awesome.
and last but not least ...
13. Because being a cool kid is just cool.
So, I ask. Would you like to be a cool kid?
Fill out this form right here. I will hook you up with some free coloring pages!
If there is one thing that is consistent with Sara Hickman Designs it is that I change with the changes that head my way.
When I started out on this journey it was to make a difference. I wanted to empower teachers to make learning fun again. Academic does not have to equal boring, repetitive, or busy work. Somewhere along the way, I think we as teachers and parents have lost that. We teach them how to take a test. We are worried when they can't write their letters at 3. We tell them at the start of the year you have to have this score on this test to move on at the end of the year.
How does that make learning fun?
Who wants to spend their kid years doing an hour and a half of homework in the 3rd grade?
Who wants to have homework in Kindergarten?
Don't get me wrong not all of life has to be fun and games, but when they are kids -- they need to be able to be kids.
Studies have even shown the more senses you get involved while learning the more active the brain is absorbing the …